World is a beautiful place for the physically fit and mentally sound people. It becomes a bitter place for the people who develop any kind of disability especially the mental disabilities because it becomes challenging for the family members of the patients to take care of the person suffering from the mental challenges. There are many programs started by the authorities of every country for the rehabilitation of the people with disabilities. It can be said that to some extent the success is achieved and a lot more is needed to be done. The physical disability can be overcome by using virtual body parts and encouraging the victim to make a new start of their life. But the mental disability is the challenge for the world.
There are many charities and trusts which work for the people suffering from the mental challenges. Many times the mentally disabled are left neglected and abandoned by their family members also. Thus, many charities have joined hands to help the people suffering from the mental disabilities. Various programs run under Mental Health Charity and aim for the rehabilitation of the mentally challenged people and to create a better life for them. It is the duty of the individuals to take care of the mentally disabled people and help them to earn their own bread and butter.
Working of the charities for the mentally disabled people
The charities pick the mentally challenged people from various corners of the world and provide shelter to those who are left by their families. They are provided with shelter, clothing and food for sometime till they are able to make their own place in the world.
They provide treatment by the expert psychologist to the mentally disabled people. The psychologist and the psychiatrist first diagnose their mental condition then categorize the people according to their mental ability. It helps the experts to deal differently with the mental patients with different levels of disability.
Support services for the mentally challenged
It could be the NGO or charities which provide help to the people with mental disability. They help those people by providing various types of support services. Some of the support services are as follows:
- Advocacy: There are charities and some organizations which stand for the legal rights of the mental patients so that they are deprived of their rights.
- Abuse report: In case, any kind of abuse is done with the mentally challenged people, the abuse report is filed with the concerned authority by the charities to look into the matter and protect the mentally challenged people from any kind of abuse.
- Anger management: It is commonly seen that the people who are suffering from mental problems lose control over their anger more frequently. Thus, there is a need to control their anger for improving their mental health.
- Training for earning: The mentally challenged people are not different people neither have they to be treated in the different manner. There are many organizations which provide different types of training to the mentally challenged person so that he/she no longer remains dependent on anyone.
- Drugs and treatments: Various types of drugs like anti depressant drugs, antipsychotic drugs etc. are provided to the mentally ill people to improve their mental conditions. Along with the drugs, various types of therapies are provided like cognitive behavior therapy, talking therapy etc. to improve their mental health.